Well, I can’t keep my hands out of the cookie jar. It’s a problem folks! These little guys are such a sweet treat and are super easy to make. I have been posting a lot of treats, but I need to remind you that just because it’s made with clean and healthy ingredients doesn’t mean it won’t pack on the pounds if you eat too much. Any kind of sugar, even pure and natural honey, should be eaten in moderation. So, don’t be like me, get your hand out of the cookie jar!
Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Protein Cookies
(Makes about 16 cookies)
1 cup Almond Butter*, stirred well
½ cup honey
1 large egg
½ teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons protein powder**
½ teaspoon sea salt
3 ounces (about ½ cup) dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a medium bowl, combine everything except the chocolate chips.
3. Use a cookie scoop or tablespoon to drop dough on to parchment lined baking sheet or non-stick pan.
4. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges.
5. Let cool on baking sheets for at least five minutes then remove and let cool on a wire rack or plate for 15 minutes. (Or eat right away if you’re like me!)
*Any creamy nut butter would work! 🙂