There are so many ways you can jazz up a boneless, skinless chicken breast. It can be one of the leanest proteins out there, but it has a tendency to get old fast. This recipe is so easy, but makes it look like you spent hours in the kitchen. So, sike your husband out and make this tonight!
As a side note, this chicken calls for bread crumbs. When I pulled out my jar of store bought bread crumbs that I’ve had for quite awhile, I turned it over to read the ingredients. There was a long list of probably 100 ingredients, so I immediately said “NOPE!” to the bread crumb idea. I pulled out some organic, gluten-free crackers and crunched them up and they worked as a great alternative! Target has a new line of organic products called “Simply Balanced.” The products are affordable and tastey!
2 boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon crushed gluten-free crackers (or whatever alternative you choose)
1/2 teaspoon each sea salt and black pepper
1) Preheat your oven to 350F and grease a baking pan with coconut oil or line with parchment paper.
2) In a shallow bowl, whisk egg.
3) On a flat plat, mix spices, cheese, and crumbs.
4) Dip the chicken in the egg, then roll your chicken until well coated in the spice mixture, then place chicken on baking pan.
5) Bake chicken for 20-25 minutes.