Do you love eggs? I do…from my head down to my legs! Over the years, eggs have gotten a bad wrap. But lets look at why eggs are eggs-ceptionally nutritious! Think about it – one egg contains all the nutrients and building blocks needed to grow an entire baby chicken! They’re loaded with high-quality proteins, vitamins, minerals, good fats and trace nutrients. I love eggs because they’re cheap, clean protein source and can be easily adaptable. Eggs are great scrambled with lots of veggies, added in stir-fry, or in a quiche (like this one…)!
You’ll notice I leave out cheese like in most quiches and just sprinkle it with some Goat Cheese.
Crustless Spinach Quiche
5 large eggs
1 1/2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
1/2 medium onion, chopped
1 teaspoon minced garlic (1 clove)
1/2 cup almond or coconut milk
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
Sea salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper to taste
1) Preheat oven to 350F.
2) Whisk eggs and coconut milk in a large mixing bowl. Add the other ingredients and whisk well.
3) Grease a 9″ pie dish (or other glass baking dish) with coconut oil and pour everything in.
4) Bake for 30 minutes or until cooked through in the center.
*You can experiment using other veggies or bacon. This is essentially a basic recipe.
There are so many ways you can jazz up a boneless, skinless chicken breast. It can be one of the leanest proteins out there, but it has a tendency to get old fast. This recipe is so easy, but makes it look like you spent hours in the kitchen. So, sike your husband out and make this tonight!
As a side note, this chicken calls for bread crumbs. When I pulled out my jar of store bought bread crumbs that I’ve had for quite awhile, I turned it over to read the ingredients. There was a long list of probably 100 ingredients, so I immediately said “NOPE!” to the bread crumb idea. I pulled out some organic, gluten-free crackers and crunched them up and they worked as a great alternative! Target has a new line of organic products called “Simply Balanced.” The products are affordable and tastey!
Parmesan Crusted Chicken
2 boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon crushed gluten-free crackers (or whatever alternative you choose)
1/2 teaspoon each sea salt and black pepper
1) Preheat your oven to 350F and grease a baking pan with coconut oil or line with parchment paper.
2) In a shallow bowl, whisk egg.
3) On a flat plat, mix spices, cheese, and crumbs.
4) Dip the chicken in the egg, then roll your chicken until well coated in the spice mixture, then place chicken on baking pan.
5) Bake chicken for 20-25 minutes.